Compliance with Standards:
FAA: L807 AC 150/5345-27 (Current Edition)
ICAO: Annex 14, Vol. 1, para. 5.1.1 (Size 2 only)
The Hali-Brite L-807 Solar Power Wind Cone provides a visual indication of wind direction and velocity. FAA Size 2 wind cones are used at the central location on an airfield. FAA Size 1 wind cones are used at small airfields and heliports and as a supplemental indicator at large airfields.
- Solar Power Supply, Sized and programmed for your location.
- Available internally or externally lighted, with LED lamps.
- Available in Size 1 (18″ diameter x 8′ long)
- Available in Size 2 (36″ diameter x 12′ long)
- The pole is center-hinged, with 4″ diameter steel on the bottom, and 3″ diameter steel on the top
- A center-mounted braked winch allows one-person maintenance
- The four anchor bolts are a one-piece welded assembly, ready to drop in the ground
- The one-piece welded aluminum basket has pre-installed bearings
- Raincaps protect the bearings from weather
- The water repellent nylon sock is treated for rot and mildew
- Powder coat painted international orange
- 50,000 to 100,000 hour lamp life
- Integral power adapter on externally-lighted series circuit models
- Multiple independent lamp circuits, for improved reliability
- Power consumption is only 15-20% of a typical non-LED externally lighted wind cone
- Includes a long-life LED obstruction light